- Of course this may seem like self promotion, but posters on the wall really are a great cheap way to get your dorm off to the right start. Most college type posters are under $10, so it's a good way to add some quick color to your walls. Check out our college posters
! A cheap alternative to frames are our posterhangers, just one nail puts it right into place.
- Since dorms can be very tight for space, any piece of furniture that can double as storage is a great addition. If there is no room under your bed try propping the corners up with bricks or wood blocks, then you'll have all that space for storage. Bring in a couple plastic crates, great for low seating and can also hold books.
Dry Erase Board
- Adding a board you can right notes on, a schedule, or just funny sayings is a great thing to add to your door that will remind you of things on your way out.
- As space is most likely a problem, try to find furniture that will nestle nicely against the wall and leave some space for moving around.
Foam Mattress Pad
- Some dorm room beds are not the picture of comfort. To add a nice cozy spot in between you and your mattress, try adding a foam pad.
- Large pillows will make your bed more comfortable too, but they will also double as floor loungers.