To see part two of this article, click here
- It may seem like a small idea, but having colorful table cloths out on the dining room table at all times is a great way to very easily add some color to the apartment. It is also versatile, you can change them out when you want to try a new color.
Paint One Wall
- To add a sleek and trendy look to your apartment choose a room and color just one wall a deep rich color. It will enrich the room and give it a warm feeling, and since it is only one wall it will not darken it by too much.
- Instead of having the major pieces of your furniture all parallel with your walls, try positioning them at an angle. You don't need to have them at a 45 degree angle, try different angles and see what looks best.
Keep it Clean
- Keep you apartment super clean and clutter free. As the clutter disappears, your space will grow!
Furniture with Open Design
- Try to get furniture that is slim and open. Think of open as a couch with legs and an open bottom.
- Think Feng Shui, keep your traffic paths clear, don't make your visitors side shuffle around your furniture.
- A great way to free up space if your apartment kitchen is cramped is to get a new half fridge. You can possibly fit the smaller fridge underneath the counter if there is space. It will really open the kitchen up.