For part 1 of this article click here
- Low cost throw rugs you can get at Target or other discount stores add great spots of color throughout your home. Place them all over, in front of doors, sinks, fridge, etc...
- Paint is the the most dramatic thing you can do for the lowest cost. Different rooms deserve different colors of paint, even if they keep with the same color palette.
Reuse Household Items
- Look around and see what can be reused. Blankets and quilts can make great window treatments, old bowls for planters, etc...
- They are a relatively cheap way to decorate your walls and they will make the room look larger.
- Add instant life to a room, use plants. Plants of any kind add a fresh, soft quality to any space. They will last for a very long time if you care for them.
- If you need to replace your couch or chairs but can't afford it, slip covers and fabric coverings will give them new life. Be sure to choose colors you can live with for awhile and go with the rest of your room.
- Spend a few Saturday mornings hunting for treasure at garage sales. Amazing items can be found for next to nothing.
Family Photos on the Wall
- If framed art prints are not in your budget, although we have great prices :) , framed family photos grouped together will make your wall smile.